The amount of carbon dioxide we produce has become a big environmental concern. While the problem may seem too large to handle, it starts with an individual’s carbon footprint and how they can decrease it. A carbon footprint is an amount of carbon dioxide a specific person or place releases into the atmosphere. Here’s a quick and easy way to determine your carbon footprint and find the ways you are contributing to climate change the most.
To start you on your journey to being more green, here are ten things that every person can do to reduce their carbon footprint:
- Reduce your food waste by planning meals ahead of time, freezing the excess and reusing leftovers.
- Bring your own reusable bag when you are running errands.
- Compost your food waste, if possible..
- Switch the lights off when you leave the room and unplug your electronic devices when they are not in use.
- Look for Energy Star products when shopping for appliances, lighting, office equipment or electronics. They are certified to be more energy efficient.
- Plant a garden to absorb excess carbon dioxide in the environment, the driving factor behind global warming.
- Change your thermostat when you leave your home. Think about upping the temperature in your home during the summer months and lowering it in the winter.
- Choose local, organic foods to help reduce the carbon footprint created by shipping foods from other places.
- Conserve water by turning off the water while you brush your teeth.
- Go car free whenever you can by biking, walking or carpooling with coworkers or friends.
At Bionorica, our commitment to reduce our carbon footprint is represented in production of herbal medicines. Our company takes an environmentally friendly and resource-saving approach by exclusively selecting raw materials that can be harvested in harmony with nature. To learn more about our key initiatives, click here.